Friday, August 28, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'I'

It is a lovely Friday in Southern New England, so a perfect to participate in Tom's Fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The third vowel is our featured prompt and some of my choices are not of the season - but work well!

First is Incline. This steep passageway is Logan Avenue in the Ohio River hamlet of Mingo Junction, Ohio. I'm guessing this Incline to be 11-12°, lots of fun in the  snowy Winter I'd imagine...

International. My Grandpa, left, is pictured post customs in Canada, early 1940s. There is also another 'I'  here - see if you can find...Imperial! 

 

Ice Skating. My Dad and big sister Michele (aged 4) in St.Paul Minnesota, Jan. 1959

More Ice Skating. Here are a pair of figure skaters showing their flexibility on a rink in our hometown of Ansonia, Connecticut

A Favorite. Patti captured this stunning moon on Monday and I love it! The phase here is Another moon photo this evening, thanks to a mostly clear sky. 
The moon is in waxing crescent phase, 36 percent illumination. Have a great week all!

4 comments:

  1. That's a really good moon shot. Pattie is a good photographer with a good camera. Mine takes the moon with the picture looking like a street light. I always enjoy looking at your family pictures. My five kids were born in 1956(twins), 1958, 1961, and 1973.
    I grew up in Nebraska but never did ice skate, I didn't the three years in New Hampshire either during the 60's . It looks like fun.
    Have a nice weekend and coming week, Stay Safe.
    Oh yes, Hurricane Laura veered east away from our Houston area over to the Louisiana border. We are fine here.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...INCLINES can be tricky in the winter here too!
    ...how neat to see that old sign!
    ...ICE skating IS something that I never was good at.
    ...ah, to be young!
    ...I'm looking to see the man in the moon!
    Thanks Ralph for stopping by, take care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a stunning photo of the Moon Ralph and I love the B & W shot of your Grandpa with the guys in hats adn both elbows out. With being away a lot at my old caravan with no internet, I must have got my scheduling of posts wrong and have missed out last week and i am just home and was amazed to see the letter this week was "I"!! Well I better get on tack next week again. Have a great weekend and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your moon shot and your old family photos. :) It's amazing how much we can learn from old photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...