Saturday, August 1, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'E'

As Saturday beckons, It's time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The second vowel is the prompt and although some of these may have been seen before, they answer the letter prompt nicely :)

Having grown up in East Hartford Connecticut, the top memory is from Easter Sunday 1964 and the then six Villers childre. I'm resplendent in my red blazer...

Here is a few months earlier in December 1963 at my East Hartford home. Back then, even boys jumped rope!

Next is a 1959 Edsel automobile. It was Ford's folly, only being produced for three model years (1958-1960). Ford lost over $200 Million dollars in their writedown, about $1.7 Billion today! Here is a nicely restored example...


Here is my old Ford E150 Club Wagon. I sold it with 158,000 miles on it and it had another 100,000 miles of life left in it - a durable vehicle!

A Favorite is last night's moon in it's in waxing gibbous phase at 89 percent illumination on a beautiful and clear night sky. Have a great week all!

4 comments:

  1. ...the Villers sure were decked out of EASTER.
    ...I'm not sure that I EVER jumped rode, I sure rode a bike.
    ...that 1959 EDSEL sure looks sharp in red. I've never photographed the hood ornament, I should do that next time.
    ...my last Ford Ranger became a money pit at about 160,000 miles.
    ...I'm not very knowledgeable about the moon, I too often asleep.
    Thanks Ralph for joining the party, ENJOY your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice "E" photos, Ralph. I love the old family photos! I also posted an Easter picture this week of my daughter with my parents. We moved to CT in 1963, it was the year I started 7th grade in the fall. We lived in Gales Ferry, CT. Have a great week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralph, you have nice "E's" for us this week. My favorite is the pretty Edsel. In the fall of 1955 I bought a new 1956 Ford Sunliner but I think I could have bought an Edsel. But then Stoplight Street Racing was the thing and my Ford with its Thunderbird engine was to me prettier and faster. Of course my trade in, a hopped up (stroked, bored, and ported with a "street cam") 1952 Ford was much faster.
    At school recess boys jumped rope but that was the only times for me. My 63 year old son can jump rope really good, he regularly jumps 45 minutes non stop, most every day. His twin brother doesnt jump but my youngest does.
    Stay Safe!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the family are all turned out so well at Easter. I used to love skipping but I do not remember any boys doing it. Strange that. Love the Moon shot. Sorry I am late in commenting but I was away at my old caravan and wil probably be there this next weekend as well. Stay safe and have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...