Friday, July 24, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'D'

It is the eve of the week's last two days and a perfect time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The fourth letter of the alphabet is our prompt today...

First off is Dolly the Merino sheep. She lives at Twitchell-Rowland Homestead in Oxford CT. Taken in the Spring, I wouldn't mind seeing this ewe in her soft luxurious Merino wool coat!



Our Daughter marched for the Derby Historical Society for the Derby-Shelton Memorial Day parade a few years ago...

After her part of the parade was finished, Dad (guess who :) and Daughter watched as the parade continued

An egg with a Double Yolk found its way into our refrigerator...

A Favorite. This morning, the always lovely Patti captured this Kalanchoe outside our home full of raindrops from last night's thunderstorm. I love the texture and soft red hues. Have a great week all!

8 comments:

  1. ...so it's DOLLY and others whose wonderful wool going into making my warm winter socks! How I miss all of the local parades that we normally have. I enjoy over easy eggs every morning and I can remember the last time that I had a DOUBLE yoke egg. Ralph, I'm surprise that you didn't save KALANCHOE for K week! We would enjoy another much needed rain right about now. Thanks Ralph for joining the party this week, take care I hope to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph, I too think your Dolly would look a lot cuter with her grown out coat before shearing. Now I cannot remember the last time I saw a double yoked egg. Sometimes on the farm when I was growing up Mom would sort out one, I never wanted to eat one. When we lived inside the city of Houston we stuck a Kalanchoe into the ground and it grew large. I don't remember the blooms, that would have been 1975 or six.
    Stay Safe,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. My Sister-in-Law who lived in Louisiana, a rehab center resident, died of COVID-19 this mooring at 7:30. We were on our way up for Mrs. Jim to visit her but turned back on that news. It is a six hour drive and we had gone 90 minutes. They just now finished making arrangements for her body.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Jim, I am so sorry to hear of your sister-in-law passing from COVID. Sending good thoughts and prayers to all your family.
      Dawn

      Delete
  3. The Kalanchoe flower is gorgeous! I love sheep, and goats, we see many of them around here on local farms. I double yolk is always a treat, something we don't see too often. Have a good week, Ralph!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly looks a bit bare at the moment but a jumper of her wool would be lovely to wear. I have not seen a double yoke for a long time. My Granny who kept hens saw them all the time. Stay safe and have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kalanchoe is gorgeous.
    We just finished a 2 - cartons of Costco eggs and every one of the 24 was a double yolk. Kinda freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As sheep go, Dolly is a beauty! Love your daughter's outfit. Those double yokes are few and far between. I've found one in my lifetime. That last shot is breathtaking. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...