Friday, February 7, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'F'

Good Friday afternoon! It's again time to participate in Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. The sixth letter is featured and my past beckons...Starts with "F." "F"ull. A Favorite.

Begins with 'F' includes Family, and it looks like a Fun Family Full of love! The date is 22 Aug. 1976 where we were in town for the 50th wedding anniversary weekend of my grandparents, Ralph and Agnes. This is at the Holiday Inn in Steubenville Ohio. The Families were of my Father from East Hartford, CT and his sister, my Aunt Terry from Fargo North Dakota. It was a Fun time!

How about a photo from 23 Dec. 1980, Flying from Jacksonville to West Palm Beach Florida we have an early morning look ar the Rolls-Royce RB211 jet engine, this type of engine referred to as a Fanjet or Turbo Fan (really :)

President Ford, the 38th President of the US, has a city park named for him in Omaha, Nebraska. Although he was a House Representative member for Grand Rapids, Michigan from 1949-1973, he was actually born in a house at 32nd & Woolworth in Omaha. 

Here is a 1955 Ford Fairlane (another 'F' could be Fifty-Five...)

A Favorite. Just a recent look at the center of Ansonia Connecticut at the corner of Bridge and Main Streets. Ths long Southerly sun offers a a soft leafless tree shadow. Have a great week all!

6 comments:

  1. Nice letter "F" pictures, Ralph! I always enjoy looking at old family photos. I am so fortunate to have so many of them, too. Have a great weekend!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...WOW Ralph, what a history lesson you have FOR us this week. There sure are a lot of FOLKS in your FAMILY! Thanks FOR the FACTS about the Rolls-Royce RB211 jet engine. Unknown FACTS FOR me about President Gerald Ford. Now how about that FABULOUS FIFTY-FIVE FORD FAIRLANE, It takes my breath away! I like the mural at the corner of Bridge and Main Streets. Thanks Ralph FOR sharing this week, take care and I hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family shot Ralph. Interesting about President Ford. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your old family pictures - A big family is always a great thing. Beautiful shadows on the wall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a time warp, wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very nice F's post, Ralph. Your family gathering made a large group. I see "Delta" written on the engine. We have never flown Delta directly to any place to or from Houston, always it stops at a hub, Atlanta, Detroit, or Salt Lake City. That 55 Ford looks really nice, I jumped from a 52 Custom Tudor to a 56 Convertible. My Fords were a 37, two 50"s, 51, 52, 53, two 56's, the Convertible and a four door hardtop, 67, 69, 72, 74, two 76's, and a 98. The 74 and 98 are Mustangs and I still have them. We only buy used cars or handed down, the 56 and 67 were new. I worked with ford as an Aerospace Engineer from 1961 until 1980.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...