Saturday, July 4, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'A'

The alphabet begins anew at Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. The first letter is easy, and it's hard to decide with the many I have. So Away we go...

Starts with 'A' is our family's AMC Gremlin. Photos taken with a Polaroid SX-70 (remember them?) camera in 1978. It was a clunker, but the 232 six-cylinder engine was smooth with a lot of torque...

















The next 'A' is Atlantic City NJ. Here is Grandpa by the famous Boardwalk, in front of one of his favorite places, the Traymore Hotel in Sept. 1956

Airborne in an Airplane. My dad, left rear, was writing an article about the new 747 when it was introduced. This photo is dated Feb. 1970 when he was invited to sit in the flight deck of an Pan Am 747...

A Favorite. The always lovely Patti captured this flicker on our patio a couple of days ago. Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the Gremlin. My friend had one and we sure enjoyed riding around town in it. Nice shot of the airplane. Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh boy AN AMC Gremlin, we had AN AMC Pacer Station wagon. It was never A favorite!!! I remember our family going to ATLANTIC City in the mid '50s for A Shriners convention. I remember the boardwalk AND how hot the sand was! Pan AM, now that ANOTHER throwback. The red sure makes A flicker ATTRACTIVE. Thanks Ralph for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Gremlin. I never did ride in one although my brother-in-law, BIL, had a green one. I think it was after his Ford Maverick. I am not a bird expert but without any real reason, I would call it a grouse. At any rate it is a very pretty bird find. Again I wished I knew where my old boyhood bird cards were.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...