Friday, June 12, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'X'

It is a glorious Friday in Southern New England, so a perfect time to be part of Tom's always fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. This week's prompt is tough, but I have a few examples (kinda, sorta :). So, away we go...

First is Times Square in New York City with my dad in,  I believe, 1939, The intersection of Seventh Avenue at Broadway forms a 'X' as Seventh and Broadway  enter the scene yet diverge at the building with the Planters Peanuts sign. I can see the 'X'


Extreme has an 'X' in it and the Extreme BMX stunt riders are in action at a festival in our town of Ansonia. Both views are the same - for the top photo I was on this side of Main Street and the always lovely Patti was on the other side. We both captured the great stunt rider as he defies the laws of physics and gravity...   

My second wheelchair van was a 1998 Ford E-150 Club Wagon XLT, at least the left back door says so...

A Favorite is this little boy fishing on Pickett's Pond at Osbornedale State Park in Derby CT. It was a beautiful day and I hope the little guy caught that fish that always gets away! Have a great week all!

5 comments:

  1. Ralph, I enjoyed reading your Weekend post. I think that Broadway has changed a lot since 1939. I really like to see the oldies and my favorites on them is the dress and the old cars. I think your dad's age is about mine, I was born in 1933 but I didn't make it to NYC until 1963 or so. I would have like to have seen the BMX stunt rider do his flying bit. Did you ever learn his secret?
    We like Texas a lot, Mrs. Jim was born and grew up in Louisiana. Some Texas beers are good, my cousin's husband always takes some Shiner Bear with him when then go back to Nebraska. Seems the last two years the six pack I bought I had to throw two bottles away. I just don't drink much although Mrs. Jim and I have wine every so often.
    Have a nice weekend, Stay Safe. Our numbers never did get good and now they are getting worse but I doubt our governor will go back to anything. Many of us think he opened too soon because of the numbers getting higher each day.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I forgut to say the I think the lake where the boy is fishing is really nice, pretty, and cheerful. Thank you for showing us.
      ..

      Delete
  2. Your shots of this extreme rider are stinning and the last shot somehow very touching <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little boy is just in his own wee world. a lovely shot. The riders are amazing and both of you catch them in the air superbly. Stay safe and have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...when I was a kid we had a Planters Peanut sign down, I miss it. WOW, that EXTREME BMX is too EXTREME for me! Did XLT stand for XTRA Limited edition Truck? That little fellow is learning to enjoy the great outdoor weather or he caught a ting. Thanks Ralph for stopping by, take care.

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...