Saturday, May 2, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'R'

It is a glorious Saturday, the Spring day I've been waiting for! So, before my foray outside, it is time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. Given my first day, today's post begins with the obvious...

Starts with 'R' is, naturally, Ralph. I'm Ralph III and I was named for my grandfather, Ralph (I) of Steubenville, Ohio. Here though is in, I believe, 1920 is Ralph in Manitou Springs, Colorado at a bottler in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. In this photo, he is a mere 18 years old and lived for two years out west before returning to that small city on the Ohio River...

Earlier this week, a Robin was seen through the patio door. I assume it's looking for nest materials - plenty of lawn thatch for the taking :)

These Rainbows were taken after a thunderstorm in 2017 at the Jones Family Winery in Shelton. Nice double rainbow too...

A tasty Red is seen in last night's takeout dinner from Ansonia's Rosa Mina restaurant. It was hot given it's Red cherry peppers. It was delicious if a bit fiery...

A Favorite. The always lovely Patti captured this bloom this morning. Finally, a warm Spring Day, a day to savor whiles socially distancing...Have a great week all!


3 comments:

  1. ...RALPH, "R" is custom made for you! I love the sign with your Grandfather RALPH in the ROCKY Mountains. ROBINS have been busy searching for worms and building nests here too. What fabulous RAINBOWS! It's nice to see that Ansonia's ROSA Mina RESTAURANT is still operating. It's a bit too early for geraniums here, perhaps in a couple weeks. Thanks RALPH for stopping by, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of your grandfather and the beautiful flowers Ralph. Stay save and have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pick a favorite photo this week, they're all so nice. But I do enjoy old photos, so I would say the one of your grandfather would be my #1 pic! Enjoy the new week and stay safe, Ralph!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...