Friday, February 28, 2020

The Weekend Roundup, 'I'

It is time again for my favorite photo meme, The Weekend Roundup. The third vowel offers a few challenges but I found a few that ought to work...

This is for two of the prompts, Inside and Starts with 'I', we are Inside the Connecticut Legislative Office Building in Hartford. The marble floor in the lobby is exquisite - what I would like (legally, only :) is a mere 200 ft² to (18 m²) of the marble tile, I have just the perfect space for it. Really...

In-Flight was taken by our daughter in a 737 over North Carolina

Here is an Irish Flag being hoisted by Ansonia Connecticut city hall.This year's Irish flag raising will be in two weeks on March 14.

Also at the Irish Flag Raising on March 14 will be these dancers from the Mulkerin School of Irish Dance in West Haven CT. They are fabulous!

A Favorite. As we are, this cardinal in our forsythia who is also awaiting the return of Spring.Have a great week all!




6 comments:

  1. ...what a floor, your 200 sq ft would cost you a pretty penny. I'm glad that your daughter was in a 737 Max! On March 17, everyone will be IRISH! Beautiful cardinal, but spring never seems to come soon enough! Thanks Ralph for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are super Ralph! I love the green costumes of the Irish dancers. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see the lovely Irish dancer, and the Cardinal bird is gorgeous Ralph. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always seem to find letter "I" week difficult. I wish I had thought of the Irish flag, there is a home not far from us that displays one of the largest Irish flags during March, that I've ever seen. I must remember to get a picture of it. Have a nice week, Ralph!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ralph ~~ I too am liking your capital building's marble and you need some. I think it is normal to wishfully would like to have what we see for ourselves. Mrs. Jim ever since I new her, 48 years ago, has somehow would like to have one of the many, many, dueling pistols built into the ironwork of the river bridge on I-10 going into the city of Lake Charles where structural steel rods cross. There are a few places where the pistols are missing.
    We don't fly any other nation's flags, there could be six of them of prior country owners. I think Mexico was last although a lot was purchased out from under them when the Louisianna Purchase Agreement was made. Mrs. Jim had a very old Louisianna flag that she was given by her dying French war bride. Someone stole it from our garage, by deed restrictions here she was not allowed to fly another nation's flag.
    The neighbors across the street are Chinese, m their neighbors are from Holland, ours next door were Canadian, him, and Brazilian, her. The latter moved back to Canada when his job cut back, the new ones are Hispanic, he is a State Farm Agent. We have not met the wife yet. Most of them have papers or are U.S. but we have 100,000's of illegals living in the Houston area. Many own homes and have jobs and pay taxes. A lot are doing jobs that U.S. people can't afford because they pay so little. One DIL is from Venezuela and legal, she doesn't wish to become a citizen. A SIL is fron Trinidad and became U.S.
    I've bored you, sorry. Too am sorry I'm so late. Been with Mrs. Jim and her sister who had a bad stroke.
    Have a nice week, see you next.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Jim was "new" to me when I first "knew" her. The dying French war bride lady was our friend.
    Sorry for those errors.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...