Friday, September 20, 2019

The Weekly Roundup 'L'


It’s time for a favorite site, Tom’s fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The twelfth letter of the alphabet is featured, and I am taking a couple of liberties but do think the theme is maintained :)

Beginning with ‘L’ is the Latex Foam Products. Of greater importance was the fire and leveling of the Latex Foam Products facility on Ansonia’s West Main Street, May 14, 2001. We found these prints last year. Today, Latex Foam Products in a facility in nearby Shelton. The black smoke is seen over our hilltop home and seen as far as 15 miles / 24 Km away. (Publication links are live)

Another ‘L’ is Big Stony Lake near Park Rapids, Minnesota. This 1981 scanned print is my waterskiing cousin.

The third 'L' is HRH Linus, our fluffy family feline. Perhaps he is getting ready to destroy the village - but not really as he is a) Too lazy and b) actually likes sitting on the abrasive ‘snow’ instead. Good kitty! 


Finally, this is my favorite, a Lady Cardinal. Patti captured her yesterday after the left eggshells on a patio table for our avian friends. A few cardinals arrived to take part. Have a great week all!

5 comments:

  1. ...what a mess that fire must have been! A 'L'ong, 'L'ong time ago I water skied, those day are 'L'ong gone! HRH 'L'inus 'L'ook 'L'ike he keeps a 'L'ook out on things. I remember you saying about egg shells, I need to try this. Thank Ralph for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the weekend roundup is my favourite too....Tom is a great host. You did well getting all those L's in...that fire is awful though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a poisonous fire! Linus is cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That smoke cloud is huge! I've never tried water skiing and suspect I never will since I'm not a very good swimmer. Beautiful cardinal. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and interesting "L" words, Ralph. All great, my favorite is HRH Linus, he loves that perch. BTW, c) he has a window seat, cats love those.
    Too bad the old Latex plant burned. I am glad they decided to rebuild, glad for jobs and the town. My nephew worked in a latex plant near Euphala, Alabama, where they made rubber gloves. He gave me a plant tour that I really enjoyed. The gloves started as forms tied to an overhead chain that traveled the length of the building. Periodically they were dipped in vats of molten latex. I had worked three years in an Elgin Watch factory when I had dropped out of college, manufacturing plants have always been interesting to me.
    You have always found very interesting birds to display, I like your Lady Cardinal.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...