Friday, September 13, 2019

The Weekly Roundup 'K'

(My Airhead-RV is now published in our Valley-Voice CT Newsletter Blog) 

A rainy Friday is the perfect time for Tom's fun meme The Weekly Roundup. Today's letter was easy, many a subject sits in the photo archives...

Starting with 'K' includes the state of Kansas. In 1938, my Dad is pictured at the Colorado / Kansas border. Grandpa liked state line signs, so that's why they stopped :) Note the Colorado county they were leaving...

Another 'K' is for Kids, this of the human kind. The backstory here is at a family party in 1996, our son, a cousin and our daughter look terribly bored at what they considered a boring grown-up event, They show it here, managing a brief smile when discovered by the photographer...


Key West, Florida sits at the bottom of the USA. My aunt took this photo in 1993.

Finally, how about some actual Kids, that of kid goats named Bonnie and Clyde who were in Seymour last year. One could spell Cute with a 'K' if so inclined. Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. ...state line sign have become a lot fancier, but necessarily more interesting. I like this one!
    ...Kids continue to be bored today too.
    ...I've been to Key West once.
    ...Kute Kids work for me.
    Thanks Ralph for checking in this week, I hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Kansas sign. Old pictures are awesome. Love both varieties of kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inclined, Ralph. Those four legged Kids are sooo Kute. I grew up in Nebraska, Kansas' neighbor to the north. When I dropped college at age 19 we used to drive down to buy beer. Now that I've aged, very old man, I can't remember back when I hardly ever had a beer, my last one was years ago.
    I like your Newsletter, writing it keeps you busy. I am sure though, that the townsfolk and happenings feed you with plenty to write about. After three years of compiling and finding events for our Sunday Morning church Bible class we passed that duty on. Our class is large, with about 180 members. Just about every Sunday we have over 100 attending. On paper it is for ages 60 and above. The church is a Satellite church with Second Baptist Church of Houston.
    Looking forward for next the week issue, Keep up the good worK.
    Oh yes, I like the picture of the state entry sign, it has my vote for Best Picture, I take them too
    and post a few on my blog.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...