Friday, December 27, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'Z'

It's been a busy holiday week so it's time to slow down for Tom's always fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. The 26th letter seems like it offers a challenge - usually. However. I found a few examples...

My aunt captured the entrance to Zion National Park in Utah, 1978 with a couple on nieces hiding in the shadows. My brother lives near Salt Lake City so perhaps I can visit both someday.

Closer to home is Zion AME Church in Ansonia.

In this faded print scene from 1982, my sister was in the USAF and they had an air base outside the charming (then) West German town of Zweibrücken. Here is the Parkbrau brewery...

Here is a look at Zois Pizza in neighboring Seymour.

A favorite. All four of us were here together on Christmas. Our daughter captured the look of the simple tree with gifts unopened. The best kind of holiday! Happy New Year to all!

6 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, what a great selection of Zs!! We have a Zion AME Church here is Rochester, NY. I have never see your others Zs. Thanks Ralph for taking time out of this busy season to stop by, Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have found great Z:s! Wishing you Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralph, you found a look of great things beginning with Z. Not an easy task. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and may I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Zion National Park! I've only been there once, but I'd love to visit there again. I've been absent since the letter "U but hope to stay on track now. Hope you Christmas was wonderful and Happy New Year, Ralph!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...