Saturday, October 5, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'N'

It has been a cold (to me) Saturday, so I am inside and ready to visit Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The subject letter leads to many a unique possibility...


Beginning with 'N' can mean New York City. Here is Dad, in Manhattan's Times Square (top) and on the dock - perhaps behind him is either the Staten Island Ferry or a Circle Line tour boat. This is in the Summer of 1939.

Here is the borough of Manhattan in New York City in more recent times.

Horses go Neigh, and the riders are Neighborly as they wave to the reviewing stand at the Ansonia Memorial Day parade, 2015.


A Favorite. Patti captured this look at the sky. What endears it to me is its changing perspectives; I see the tide rolling at the beach (from above) or a towering mountain ridge (from below). Or whatever we think it can be. Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. ...It's been a while since I was in N ew York City, I like the Planters Peanuts sign!
    ...the buildings just keep getting taller and taller.
    ...N ice looking N eighing horses.
    ...that sure does look like the tide rolling at the beach!
    Thanks Ralph for stopping by, I hope that your week will be special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the older shots of the city. Nice! I see the waves rolling into shore in the last pic. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time we went to NYC we were at that first harbor dock trying to find where the ferry to the Brooklyn Naval Yard would be landing and picking up. We came on it but could not find it for the way back to our cruise ship. Nice pictures, I liked the old 1939 Fords and the '38 in the middle of everything. Have a nice week, sorry I am late in returning your visit to my entry.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The Valley-Voice Newsletter for Aug. 31

The Valley-Voice Newsletter is here: https://205bf1ef-57da-4a6a-ac50-7988750745dc.filesusr.com/ugd/d1ec9b_df9aa19b9618439eaf0bbcfe0f7a8531.p...